Monday, February 16, 2009

My fifty things

So for my fifty things to memorize, I chose spices. I love to cook, and I like to experiment with various spices in soups, on roasts, on veggies, etc. But I was chagrined to realize that I didn't know all of the spices on my spice rack! It was brought home several days ago when I wanted to try a different flavor on a pot roast, but I didn't think I had any oregano. So we went to the store, without a shopping list, of course, and I proceeded to by oregano, plus a whole bunch of stuff I didn't need. (Note to self: Always make a list, then you're not tempted to buy that yummy looking pack of Oreos that the store employees conveniently place at eye level on the ends of the shelves!) When we got back home and I was putting the spice away, I found my original container of it! So I'm going to go through all my spices, pick 50 of my favorites, and memorize them and their location!

No comments:

Post a Comment